Dearest J:
Today you are three. This picture is about 4 months old, but you look about the same, but with a shaggy head of hair. It is shaggy, because you are strong willed and do not enjoy getting a haircut. And I am weak, and don't have it in me to wrestle you while some stranger tries to a.)chase after your head with a sharp object, or b.) torture you with buzzers. You love to GO to the hairdresser, but quickly decide you don't love the actual act of the hair cut. Just the lollipops. You're the first one to protest haircuts, btw. Your older brothers have never put up a fight, not that I'm comparing.
This past year has been monumental for you. You went from being extremely grumpy most of the time, to being my favorite 2 year old who potty trained himself in a day. Yes a day. And you became quite silly and funny and a joy to be around. Lately you've gone back to your roots, but I still think you're my favorite 3 year old. You love your big brothers. You're still pretty fond of D and patient with him, even though he bites. I love how you say "I loves you mama!"
You started talking about this time last year. You talk a lot now, but I probably understand about 70% of what you say. Other people only understand about 40% of what you. Grandmom and Opa barely understand you at all. What you do say is most often hilarious. Like, "old mc donald had a farm, then he pooped on his lawn." I have no idea where that came from. Most of what you say sounds like it comes from an 8 year old with an attitude, cause I think you adore Q too much. I love to look at you and find you adorable, even when you're trying to be mean. You're too much with that blonde hair and blue eyes and long eyelashes. I love how independent you are, and that you potty trained yourself (did I mention that already?) I love watching you play with B. And how affectionate you are with D. My heart could almost burst when you request that I sit next to you to watch a show, or when I watch you read a book with Q. I love watching the brotherhood. And I love watching you find your place with Q and B and D.
You're really into Cars and Toy Story, even the Incredibles. Your request for your birthday was for a BIG Buzz Lightyear and a McQueen birthday cake. And it was the first time I didn't make the cake myself, and feel a little bad, but you loved it anyway.
I'm pretty sure you are left handed, and I"m pretty sure Daddy is really excited about this. He always wanted a left-hander in the family for baseball reasons. Apparently a left-handed pitcher is a good thing? You're smart and curious, you can count to 15 which I think is pretty good.
Just so you know, we have you scheduled for baby dedication on November 10 this year. I know you are not a baby, but I've tried at least 3 times to have you dedicated but someone was always sick. So here's hoping we actually get it done this time. Its not cause I forgot or am a slacker or anything.
J, I love you. And I am blessed by you. Have a happy 3rd birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment