Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Changes

With Q in school all day, several things have changed.
Our morning routine is back and as chaotic as ever from the get go. Q was so excited to start first grade the first couple of days went relatively smoothly. Today however, he did not want to get out of bed. And announced that, "School is not fun anymore!". Dear, its only day 5. And he hasn't even started getting homework yet. (P.S., Thank you dear teacher, for not giving him homework yet). He is so tired when he gets home from school, I don't know how getting him to do homework would go.
B has changed, or I have noticed more about B in the last week since Q is not around. He is so chatty. He also notices J a whole lot more. He's in his face and on his back (literally), a whole lot more. Before last week, I was constantly telling Q to get off J or get out of his face and now Q has passed that brotherly responsibility to B. Fun. B is more and more craving and asking for my attention. Strange.
I miss Q a ton. I'm sure it will get better once I get used to him not being here. But for now, I fee like I'm missing a part of me. He's not here to help me clean and isn't around to shut the van door when we all pile out. I miss his company sometimes too.
The school schedule is messing up nap schedules. Which is not good for anyone. I have to find someone to pick Q up. I need to make friend with some neighbors whom I can share this responsibility with.

There are more changes: however, MY iPHONE JUST ARRIVED AND I MUST GO PLAY!

2 comments:

Shay said...

Did you know you can facebook on an iPhone?! ;)

I know what you mean, it's so strange getting used to the quiet house every September. A is a major help to me, so when she started growing a busy social life I realized how much I rely on her. (Which makes me think that we will make terrible empty nesters.) I hope you can pal up with some other moms soon. :)

Karen said...

Yeah for I-phones! So fun! May the times that you have with Q be meaningful and fulfilling for both of you!