Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stuff

To clarify my last post, I did not get the stomach bug yet, but my middle child did. Now the bookend children, Q and J are battling high fevers and stomach ailments (though neither has thrown up yet). Its been a loooong week of crabbiness and lots of t.v. watching. Just when I was doing so good at cutting back on the ol' boob tube. (I guess you can't call a t.v. that anymore since there is no actual tube in it anymore).

My sister is pregnant! Yippee! I'm sad she lives on an entirely different continent and am praying she finds a way to come back to the states to have this baby, preferably to PA. I'm exctited that J will have a cousin his age to play with when we all get together. I'm still in awe of her going for a 4th kid, cause dude, 3 kids ain't no picnic, or catwalk or fun for that matter. She assures me that it gets better, but I'm not one to believe that.

Having all of my kids sick at generally the same time is probably my second biggest fear. I get a little crazy when my babies get sick, especially since they are as young as J is. I start out fine, chanting to myself that he's fine, I've done this before, tomorrow will be better, he'll be fine. Well, yesterday when he was on day 3 of fever and it rose to 102, I lost my composure. Sorta panicked and called the ped's even though I was there the day before (but he wasn't as sick and was in for a 'well check'.). They wanted to see him last night at 8pm. I took him, told he has pink eye and a 'cold.' It was a little embarrassing to take him, but peace of mind. If I didn't take him, I would have been up all night in uber worry mode.

I made Q go to school yesterday even though he told me he didn't feel well. Because he pulled that "I'm sick" thing last week and then told me he lied, this time I was cautious. He was acting fine one second, then complaining the next, then fine. I took his temperature and it was normal, so I sent him. I felt terrible when he got off the bus and burst into tears. The bus driver said he said his belly hurt. Oh, my, I have just tortured my child. Oh the guilt. Scott told me to do it. He said that everyone has to puke at school, its a rite of passage. (although Q did not puke his temp was 104 when I took it when he got home from school).

J has decided sleep is no longer needed. Despite him being sick, before his fever and other stuff started, he's been up a ton at night again. Like more than when he was first born. What is up with that? Someone told me it was '4month sleep regression'. That is a foreign concept to me. Both Q and B were coming into more recognizable sleep patterns at this age. Napping consistently and such...Not so much with this baby. Which brings me to my next point.

I have determined that the third child is meant to make you crazy. Just when you think it you have this parenting thing down and are the expert on things, the third child comes along and ruins it. Yeah, sometimes I have a little more confidence in this mothering thing, but J definitely is not like the others. I can't figure somethings about him out (mainly the sleep thing). I guess its a way of God keeping you humble.

That is all I have time for today.

1 comment:

Karen said...

"that is all I have time for today..." I'm shocked you even have time to get on the computer. When Eliza was born I did nothing but try to keep my head on straight :)

Sorry about the illness thing and lack of sleep. UGH! You can do it. Just keep asking the Lord to help you and keep a look out for His provision!

Love you and wish I could lend a hand!