Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eves Dropping

I was at Burger King today with my kiddos and was listening to the ladies behind me talk. One woman was married 24 years and announced that she "totally wanted to renew her wedding vows." She explained that she was young, 21 years old when they got married and that the wedding was more about the dress and flowers and booze afterward. But now, she and her guy had weathered so much, that the VOWS mean so much more to her now. How awesome. I think I'm PMS'ing, cause I get all weepy (and got weepy at BK too) thinking about how true that is. Scott and I have been married only 8.5 years but I feel the same way. Goodness, how different life is now and how different love is to me now. I love my man more today than ever. I can't imagine that as a 23 year old, I could even know how much more I would love him today. My husband is awesome, and I'm so blessed to be married to him! I praise God for putting us together and molding and shaping each of us into this marriage.

1 comment:

Shay said...

awww :) very sweet