Tuesday, March 31, 2009

B's Eye Update #2

So, last night with B was bad. I left to go to coffee with a friend at 7:30 and had a nice time chatting it up. On my way home at 9:30, Scott called to tell me it was time to come home. B had been screaming for a while and he couldn't take it anymore, cause he couldn't put him down or sit down while holding him without him screaming. I knew what it was.

He was up every hour or so screaming all night. I'm so glad I had made the doctor appointment to get an accurate weight. They let me do his well check and checked his ears and sure enough the screaming last night was due to an ear infection. The pediatrician told me to cancel the surgery, and I did not hesitate one bit. I'm even more agitated that the pre-admin nurse didn't check his ears now. But oh well. I'm going to reschedule the surgery at a different hospital. I feel so relieved.

Now, I'm just praying that little B will be able to tolerate oral antibiotics OK and not get the runny belly from them. He lost A LOT of weight. The doctor today looked at him and the first thing he said was that he looked thin. When I explained the constant sicknesses, mainly the week long stomach virus, he told me he wasn't worried. But I'm still looking to fatten this kid up! He didn't gain any weight from the last visit. So, I'm trying hard not to give him junk just to get calories in him.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Poor little guy <3
Glad that it worked out this way at least, so now you can feel more comfortable at a different hospital :)