Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I do not like house buying procedures.

I love buying cars. And haggling. When buying said car. I like the game. But dude, when it comes down to the house selling and purchasing process, I don't like it. I don't get it. And the words "closing costs" put me in a tizzy. I hate hate hate, the closing cost worksheet. It freaks me out. And I happen to like to have my head buried in the sand when it comes to knowing or not knowing what our taxes are, and what escrow is and all that happy horse pucky. Ya know, since we've been doing the Dave Ramsey thing, and I work with a cash budget, I'm very much at peace with our financial situation. But all this talk about mortgage payments and such, makes me panicked. I don't like it, and now I feel like, I'll be happy to stay in our little home, with the new kitchen and bath, and just suck it up. I don't like this process. I also don't like making big decisions. Like if we get this house, we'll be house poor for a while, but its everything we'll need. But if we get this other house, we won't be house poor, BUT we'll need to replace every major appliance in the next couple of years, and have to put a lot of other work into it.
I don't like decisions. Nor DIY home improvement projects. Nor Negotiations. Nor Realtors. Or crazy home owners/sellers.

In efforts not to seem negative:
I DO LIKE:
-3 day old stale Peeps. (fresh ones are too soft and smushy)
-Jelly Beans
-My family
-When J likes to eat what I made for dinner and can't get enough of it. There's such satisfaction in it for me.
-Toothless 6 year olds who keep me informed on how great and all knowing God is. Just two seconds ago, Q reminded me that God knows how many raindrops there are and how many hairs we have on our head. It was just enough of a reminder to know that God KNOWS our situation and what is best for us. I have to take peace in that. That through this process of finding a home, God has already got it under control.

1 comment:

Shay said...

It's always humbling to me when one of my kids is the one to bring me back to reality.
I agree about house selling/buying. And signing an 11-letter-long last name on 912 pieces of paper sucks.