This weekend, Q had a four day holiday. I had, months ago, thought to schedule something to do as a family. Like, a mini-vacation to the beach or something. But then I ended up blowing money at the dentist! Yuck. Both boys went this time, and you have to pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed at our awesome ped's dentist. (which Scott has now banned me from...like I secretly bought a Coach bag there or something). But it was a big bill, huge really, and it squashed my dreams of a weekend away. But then we got our reimbursement back from our insurance company, and it ignited my dream once again. So in a last minute effort, I tried but failed to find a place to rent to get away to. (but I have a lot of leads for some fun places to try next time we have a long weekend to piddle away some cash).
But! I could not fathom staying home all four days and not do anything so we did the following:
1. Went to the Zoo. (for free! My mom has a pass). This was cool.
2. Had dinner with my Dad (for free! He felt he needed to pay Scott back for the hours of work he has done for him lately. And well, hey, I'll help him ease his guilt by going to dinner).
3. Had breakfast out.
4. Went to the Crayola Factory, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed.
5. Had 10 people over to watch the first Phillies game of the playoffs.
(I haven't had people over in ages, but I felt like we needed to do it so we could get to know people in our care ring better and it went OK! I actually enjoyed myself.)
6. Went to church.
7. Did nothing on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed it.
I almost convinced Scott that we should go apple picking on Sunday. But when I mentioned it, he looked at me like I had two heads and asked nicely if we could just stay home and relax. So we did. I was glad we did too cause the boys took long naps and I did get a chance to chill for a bit.
It was a busy weekend. Next weekend, I will be by myself with the three kids. We shall see how that goes.!
1 comment:
Well I was sorry that you couldn't come camping with us, but we ended up bailing by Saturday afternoon because of rain anyway! So it all worked out in the end. Glad you had a great weekend with meals cooked FOR you! That's my favorite thing. :)
Post a Comment