I am thoroughly enjoying this baby. Yes, his sleep habits are unlike the other two, not napping predictably or sleeping through the whole night. And I get frustrated with that, but in all, I loves me some fat cheeked baby! He is a momma's boy, I do like it that way. He reminds me a lot of Q when he was a baby.
A prize to who knows which one is which.
J is very chatty and happy in the mornings. He is back to loving him some babyfood and talks really loud while he's eating. Like, "yumm,mmm,mamamma" while chewing on the spoon and slurping the goo down. Its a sight. He gets excited when he sees a spoon. He smiles easily, but doesn't laugh very easily. He loves to suck on clothing, and blankets. Sometimes I think he sucks his finger cause he has a sore on his thumb on one hand and a sore on his index finer on the other hand. He must suck on them when he's sleeping, cause I don't see him suck on them during the day. Either that or he is sneaking out at night and fighting cats in the alley because, he also has these awful scratches all over his head. He doesn't scratch during the day, but sometimes when I'm nursing him and he's getting sleepy, he starts scratching his head. Q had awful scratches on his head too. But Q had terrible eczema at J's age that explained the scratching.
True to M baby fashion, he's not rolling over, not sitting up, not pushing up on his hand when on his belly and not really trying to do any of the previous either. Everyone of my boys is a lazy, late developer. Either that, or I'm a terrible mom who can't stand the yelling when I put them on their belly.
This is how J and roll when we are out and about with the big boys.
The Moby Wrap is my best friend. I wish I had one for all 3 of them, but I just purchased it for J. Its sooooo comfortable. I can't wear that Baby Bjorn thing for more than 5 minutes without my back aching. I can wear J in the Moby forever.
J has just started playing with his feet, which to me, is the cutest thing a 5 month old baby does.
Dude, I love babies. I love the first year of life. Its awesome to watch development of humans. Just the fact that he's 5 months old and totally gets the give and take of conversation. He 'talks' and looks at you for a response, then waits till you talk and responds again. Its amazing. Its funny to watch his hand/eye coordination develop as he reaches for stuff, then passes it to his other hand. Pretty cool stuff (some people might think its like watching paint dry, but i think its pretty darn cool). I loved child development in college.
Q is still so in love with him. When I was doing the nebulizer treatments 3+ times a day, Q would come and sing to him and make him smile so he wouldn't scream through the whole thing. When he gets home from school, Q always asks me if he can go talk to J. B is not so much interested. Every once in a while B will stick his finger in J's mouth or eye or ear. Or B will stick his face in J's face which makes me insane and, J sick in about a day.
How can you not love this.
Even when he feels like this,
It makes you smile.
3 comments:
That second pic is Q for sure! I can't believe how much your boys look alike, love it. :)
Yup, second one is Q...still looks the same. Handsome little devils you have at your place :)
Oh my! That second to last picture is too much! How can you get anything done during the day when you have such a cutie in your midst?! My, oh, my- I just want to eat him! Thanks for posting shots of him!!!!!
Post a Comment