Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Glorious Week

*note sarcasm heavily applied*

It wasn't all that bad. Monday started out awesome, Scott took the kids to a minor league ball game with my father and I had the evening to myself. I got a pedicure and went to Friendly's for dinner. Funny that I chose to go to a very kid friendly restaurant for a meal w/out children. I was trying to be frugal, and didn't think it thru very well. It was nice anyway.
I cannot remember what happened on Tuesday. On Wednesday, with it being so hot, we haven't been out of the house much and I made an effort to get out of the house early before the heat. We did make it out around 9am and I took the kids to a newly refurbished playground down the street from us. Being the fat, lazy, cranky, woman that I am lately, we drove. So glad we did, cause a) even at 9am, it was friggin hot, b)I got hungry about 30 seconds after we got there. So after being there for about 10minutes, I bribed the kids with treats from Wawa if we could leave. They were busy running laps around the play lot, and I seriously had to beg to leave. We went to WaWa, got our treats (I was jonesin' for a lemonade), and went for a ride.
We ended up in our old neighborhood of Bristol on the waterfront which is very nice. (the waterfront area, not Bristol--that town is a pit). For some odd reason, I decided I'd get B out of the car first and then apply sunblock to Q. Well, as I was putting sunblock on Q, B runs away. And I mean runs. At this point I'm watching him go further and further away, thinking he'll reach his max of distance between us and turn back. (aren't 2 year olds supposed to be afraid if they can no longer see their mommy?). He apparently hasn't been told this rule. Well, I lost him. Could not see him, but I heard his maniacal laughter from inside some brush. At the waterfront area, there is a nature trail that he found the entrance for and started to explore. So, knowing I wasn't going to haul after him. I sent the Mighty Q after him. He found him, and then sat on him, literally, till I got hold of him. Swearing in my head all sorts of bad words, I scooped him up and threw him over my shoulder to carry him back. The whole time I'm carrying him he's crying, "ow, you're hurting me." I really wanted to scream "well, good." I wasn't hurting him for the record. This running away game has become a new thing for B. In stores he does it, and also in front of the house. If I don't pick him up inside and physically take him to the car, he takes off. Usually, I find him in the neighbors back yard laughing at me. He's in the fence that I cannot easily get in, its wide enough spaced for him to duck under, but I can't, not in my current non-limber state. Oh, its enough for me to want to leash this child.
So after this hot miserable Wednesday, I looked forward to Thursday's Bible study morning at my friend's house. In doors, babysitting provided. Glorious.

Thursday, I packed up the boys and forgot that i had agreed to babysit a friend's little girl too, so I packed her up too and went off to study. It was a nice morning. I had to drop of one of the sitters and then my friend's little girl before going home. While I was on my way back to my friends, I was stopped at a light, and when it turned green, I was rear ended not once, but twice. The first time, I was like, what just happened? The second time, I was like, what idiot is behind me? My second reaction was to see that the kids were OK, and they were. Q was like, "what was that noise?" I pulled off to the side of the rode to get out of the traffic and wait for the event to unfold. I got out of the car to check the damage, and one of the witnesses who stopped, had a cow noticing I was pregnant. I was told to return to my car and that police were on the way. Fine with me. The cop came instantly and took my info and assured me he'd get everyone else's info involved. Then the EMT's came and freaked out cause I was pregnant. Initially, I was just going to go home, but because I had to sign a form saying I refused treatment when it was recommended, I had a friend drive me to the ER about a half hour later. *note to self* A pregnant woman gets lots of attention and super quick service in an ER. I was actually hauled off the Labor and Delivery for observation quicker than I thought possible in an ER department. Everything is fine. Baby is fine, and I actually enjoyed a day of bed rest. Exciting stuff.
The truck is in bad shape, but drivable and thankfully not totalled. We will be getting it fixed ASAP cause besides looking bad, I can't open the tailgate anymore and I'm pretty sure rain is getting in it.

Friday was uneventful despite numerous errands and phone calls related to the accident. I actually felt pretty good despite being sore. A half day of bed rest the day before was a nice thing. I was well rested and enjoyed being with the kids after it. I'd never want to be on bed rest for real though. Tht would stink royally.

Hoping this week will be uneventful and cooler. I'm so looking forward to nice fall days of cool evenings and warm days.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I was laughing so hard at your description of B running away, mostly because I have SO been there.
I'm glad that you & the baby are fine, though I feel slighted that I did not get a phone call at some point. *sulks* If you don't love me anymore just say so! :P Really though, that sucks about the car. Any idea why they hit you twice?? So bizarre.

Karen said...

UG! So sorry that last week was so dumpy. I wish we were closer and you could bring the boys over so I could watch them for a few days and you could rest some. Missing you!